Show current weather, forecasts and much more.
WeatherMan was created in 2001 as a way to gather information from the National Weather Service and display that information in a concise way in an application
I also needed a way to get weather information into my home automation system so I created an application that supported AppleScript so I could use that technology to get the weather information anywhere I wanted.
WeatherMan was born and I've been using it ever since.
ATTENTION USERS WITH APP STORE CONFUSION !!!
Running 10.6.8 or earlier?
Download and use the latest version of WeatherMan for free
Running 10.7.x or higher?
New users and previously registered users have to buy WeatherMan from the App Store.
Registered users can think of this as a $0.99 paid upgrade.
Delete your current version before going to the App Store.
Features of Current Release: 2.7.4
- Multiple Cities - US and International.
- Menubar Weather
- Current Conditions - Temperature, Wind Chill, Heat Index, Wind Speed and Direction, Barometer, Dewpoint, Relative Humidity, Sky Conditions and Visibility (English or Metric).
- Current and Extended Forecast (Including Nowcast product).
- Sunrise, Sunset, Civil, Nautical and Astronomical Twilight times also Lunar Data.
- Severe Thunderstorm,Tornado,Flood warnings and Non-Precipitation Warnings (U.S. Only).
- Animated Nexrad Radar Images (U.S. Only) along with unlimited user customized weather image
- GOES satellite images
- Current Temperature and weather condition icon can be displayed in the Dock
- AppleScript Support
- A really old version of WeatherMan is available for PPC - see the sidebar to the right. I haven’t tested it in a long time.
- WeatherMan is free for Intel Macs running a OSX version at least 10.4 and less then 10.6.8. Again, look over to the right at the very top to download this.
- Intel Macs running 10.7.x or higher can buy WeatherMan for $0.99 on the App Store. Click Here.
Screen Shots (click to enlarge)